Delaware State Fair
Delaware's Favorite Annual Get-Together
July 20 - 29, 2023
At the Delaware State Fair, you can pick up your favorite deep-fried treat, catch some great live music, explore exhibits, shop at the marketplace, and other festivities. The fair is held annually beginning the third Thursday of July through the last weekend of the month and is held at the Delaware Fairgrounds, 18500 S. DuPont Highway Harrington, DE 19952. Learn more at www.delawarestatefair.com.
Interested in providing concessions or selling your products to fair guests? Sign up with the concessions office to get started!
Delaware State Fair FAQs
Learn about the Delaware State Fair with these common questions and answers:
- When is the Delaware State Fair? In 2023, the fair takes place from July 20 through July 29. Generally, the fair starts on the third Thursday of July through the last weekend of the month every year and lasts for ten days.
- Where is the Delaware State Fair? The festivities take place in Harrington, Delaware. Drive to the fairgrounds located at 18500 South Dupont Highway.
- When does the Delaware State Fair open? On the first day of the fair, the gates open at noon and the carnival opens at 5 p.m. On all other operating days, the gates open at 8 a.m. and the carnival begins at 1 p.m. The gates close at 11 p.m. daily.
- Who is performing at the Delaware State Fair in 2023? So far, from what has been announced, Nelly is returning in concert, and Riley Green and Tyler Hubbard will also be performing! See the full concert lineup to plan which performances you'd like to attend.
- How much are wristbands at the Delaware State Fair? Unlimited Ride Wristbands for any day cost $45 regularly and Weekday Unlimited Ride Wristbands cost $30 regularly. Gate admissions to the fair cost $10 online for adults and $5 for youth with free admission for children under 5 years old. See information about special discount admission days and fair concert costs when you plan your trip.
- Can you bring a camelback to the Delaware State Fair? You can bring a backpack at the fair, although you'll be responsible for your belongings if they get lost or damaged while on site. All guests are subject to searches to ensure a safe environment.
- How many acres is the Delaware State Fair? The fairgrounds include 270 acres of venue space for entertainment such as hosting activities, events and meetings. When the fair initially opened, it included just 30 acres.
- How much is parking at the Delaware State Fair? Guests can park free in the general zone or pay for VIP parking near the main gate. Paid parking options allow you to park steps away from Gate 1 for quicker access to enter or leave the fair.
- How old is the Delaware State Fair? On July 27, 1920, the first fair opened for four days to support agriculture and services in the rural Kent and Sussex counties. It featured seven exhibits, including the Big Motorcycle Race.
- Who owns the Delaware State Fair? The Delaware State Fair, Inc. Board of Directors includes about 80 residents living in the three local counties. Each member owns a share of stock in the corporation and contributes to a specific area of growth in the fair's business.
Plan for the Delaware State Fair
Plan your trip to the Delaware State Fair with friends and family. Whether you love thrilling rides, concerts or shows, there's something for everyone at the fair. Choose from many fair vendor options or local restaurants and eateries in Delaware. If you're visiting from out of town, comfortable hotels near the fair offer great accommodation options. Schedule visits to local museums and attractions to make wonderful memories while in Kent County.
Whether you're interested in outdoor, historical, shopping, casino or racing activities, there's something for everyone. Request a visitor guide to prepare for your trip!