About Kent County Tourism Corporation
Kent County Tourism Corporation (dba Delaware’s Quaint Villages) is the destination marketing organization for Kent County, Delaware and its incorporated cities and towns. As the primary programmatic arm for Kent County travel and tourism promotion, it leads the Kent County tourism industry to work together to generate visitor spending by developing and implementing comprehensive destination marketing programs. It is a self-governing private not-for-profit 501 © 6 corporation with a Board of Directors.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
Kent County Tourism Corporation (dba Delaware’s Quaint Villages) is the official destination marketing organization for the county and its jurisdictions, whose mission is to generate incremental economic impact for the community through the attraction of visitors
- Generate positive awareness of Kent County as a destination of choice for travelers by positioning the area as a competitively unique and compelling destination
- Create positive awareness, support, and participation for Kent County Tourism by increasing the development and execution of mutually beneficial collaborative marketing partnerships
- Stimulate interest and desire on the part of consumers to act and visit by creating marketing materials and messaging that engages the consumer and establish a strong emotional connection to the area’s product offerings
- Maximize visitor length and frequency of stay to increase economic generation and enhance the value of the visitor’s experience by providing outstanding visitor service assistance and in-person tourist information
- Increase the business volume of local tourism business partners and constituents by expanding, promoting and supporting existing attractions, meeting space and sports facilities
- Proactively support and provide the development of additional tourism products and services to enhance the visitor experience.
- Protect, support and promote the infrastructure that sustains tourism while continuing to develop new tourism product
- Maintain a research base for the community’s tourism industry to provide detailed, relevant, up-to-date local tourism information and industry trends that empower their efforts to market the destination to visitors