Kent County’s Concerts, Celebrations and Other Top Events
A historic museum celebration. A landmark winery event. Live music by your favorite band. On this page, you can learn more about our Quaint Villages’ upcoming events, find additional information on tickets, and discover where to go to take part.
If you're looking to experience exciting entertainment and enjoyable activities during the summer months, you've come to the right place. Kent County is your destination for family-friendly tourism in Kent County, Delaware. At Delaware's Quaint Villages, we've created an extensive catalog of exciting events and attractions, including fairs, festivals and tours, that will help make your summer memorable.
Delaware State Fair
The Delaware State Fair is one of the most anticipated summer events in the state. This 10-day amusement experience at the Delaware State Fairgrounds is committed to promoting and educating guests on agricultural values, heritage and advancement while offering the best exhibits, entertainment, concessions, livestock and carnival rides.
With countless events, you'll always have fun and exciting things to do at the fair. Check out some of the most popular features and attractions:
- Carnival rides: The Delaware State Fair features dozens of amusement park rides made for children and families alike. These include popular rides such as teacups, the Tilt-A-Whirl, fun slide and carousel.
- Fair food: Everyone loves classic fair food. That's why the fair offers many delicious options such as burgers, chicken sandwiches, pizza, pastries, ice cream, seafood and fried foods. Check out the complete list of Delaware State Fair delicacies.
- Antique Machinery Showcase: When you attend this event, you'll see a variety of fascinating antiques dating back to the early 1900s.
- Giraffe Menagerie: Come and meet the beloved Twiggs the giraffe, along with his adorable animal friends.
- Hockey Shootout: Put your hockey skills to the test by shooting the puck at targets to earn cool prizes.
- Prehistoric Dinosaur Adventures: Come meet the fair's interactive t-rex and handler, Dr. Jack Cage, in this "Jurassic Park"-style event.
- Thrilling Entertainment and Special Shows: Watch concerts and enjoy a variety of special events such as livestock exhibits and circus shows.
For more information on these show-stopping Delaware State Fair events, visit the Delaware State Fair website. Plus, don't forget to check out the Delaware State Fair events calendar for other events and festivals happening at the Delaware State Fairgrounds.
The Annual Dover Days Festival
The Dover Days Festival proudly promotes Delaware's rich culture and fascinating heritage. This festival is the longest-running free event in the state and features a variety of historical activities such as the traditional maypole dance, colonial artisans' village, hot air balloon rides and historical reenactment groups. The Dover Days Festival has even earned a place on the American Bus Association's Top 100 USA Events list. The 88th Annual Dover Days Festival will take place on Saturday, May 1st, 2021
Visit the Dover Days Festival Facebook page for more information on this historic event.
Delaware Beer, Wine and Spirits Festival
This delicious Delaware event features wine, beer and spirits tastings with presentations by local brewers and live music.
This statewide festival takes take place at the Delaware Agricultural Museum and Village. The event is canceled for 2020 but it generally takes place during late summer on an annual basis.
Amish County Bike Tour
Get ready for Delaware's 34th Annual Amish County Bike Tour. Travel through 15 to 100 miles of the beautiful Amish countryside on this peaceful and relaxing bike ride tour. The event includes rest stops and a trip to the Amish Schoolhouse, where you'll enjoy a piece of delicious, locally baked pie. When the tour ends, you can enjoy a box lunch picnic with vendors in historic downtown Dover.
Register for Dover, Delaware’s Amish Country Bike Tour today.
Dover International Speedway
This racing arena, considered the largest concrete-only track in NASCAR, has been hosting racing events and entertainment for over 50 years. For a schedule of exhilarating races, NASCAR weekend camping information and excellent hospitality, Dover International Speedway is your Delaware NASCAR destination.
Firefly Music Festival
Dover International Speedway is also the event location for the Firefly Music Festival. This multiday celebration features over 100 musical performances and has welcomed many famous artists such as Paul McCartney, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Post Malone, Imagine Dragons and The Killers. Rolling Stone magazine even listed Dover's Firefly as one of the top five music festivals in the United States.
With plenty of things to do, including a brewery, central market, silent disco and beach club, Firefly Music Festival has always been a Delaware favorite.
Learn More About Each Kent County, Delaware Event Below
We are excited to present Delaware locals and visitors with this all-inclusive lineup of beloved events in the state. With enjoyable activities for the whole family, delectable restaurants and beautiful hospitality locations, you can have a fun and relaxing stay in Delaware's Quaint Villages.