A stay in Kent County means leisure on your terms.
For an escape into the outdoors, plan a visit to one of our expansive campsites, where you can cook dinner directly under a starry sky, explore the area’s rich greenery or fall asleep to the soothing hum of nature all around you. Browse below for a better glimpse of Kent County’s available campsite lodging.
Family-Friendly Adventures and Overnight Camping
Delaware's Quaint Villages' camping spots offer far more than just a place to sleep among the wilderness. When you plan a camping trip in Kent County, Delaware, you'll be able to enjoy a wide range of fun and family-friendly recreational activities in addition to your immersive overnight stay. From cycling and waterpark fun to outdoor sports and more, your party will never be at a shortage of things to do at your campsite.
You can partake in some of our many thrilling camp activities, including:
- Paddle boating
- Outdoor athletic activities
We offer three beautiful campgrounds in Kent County, Delaware, which make the perfect backdrop for any camping adventure. These sites also include a wide range of special activities for the whole family to enjoy:
- G&R Recreation Area and Campground: This family-owned campground features year-round camping, a vast activity hall and a collection of cottages and RV and tent sites. G&R also has a community game room, tidy bathhouses and a beautiful picnic and recreation area, complete with basketball courts, a pool, volleyball courts and more.
- Killens Pond State Park & Water Park: This popular campground near Dover, DE, features over 50 sites which include a wide range of activities like hiking, paddle boating, cycling trails, fishing and more. Killens Pond State Park also features a seasonal outdoor water park, a nature center, kayak rentals, and programs.
- Blackbird State Forest: This camping destination is home to the northernmost state forest in Delaware. There are over 40 miles of trails throughout the area with a variety of local trees and vegetation. Choose from 10 different trail options or a paved nature trail for easy accessibility.
Explore Delaware's Quaint Villages at Your Own Pace
After you conclude your camping adventure, you can continue the excitement by engaging in Delaware's Quaint Villages' many other exciting events and attractions, such as:
- Historical sites and museums
- Nature and outdoor activities
- Events and Festivals
- Local libations and eateries
Delaware's Quaint Villages
When you camp in Kent County, Delaware you'll find yourself surrounded by a variety of other tranquil and historically rich towns. With tax-free shopping, beautiful nature sites, local breweries and more, Delaware's Quaint Villages makes the perfect addition to your camping trip.
Here are just a few examples of our many villages:
Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge and Other Outdoor Recreation Sites
For more outdoor immersion and fun, visit Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge. This nature sanctuary offers over 15,000 acres of meadows, tidal pools, rivers, creeks, forests and foliage. This wildlife site comes complete with walking trails, and educational programs for the whole family to enjoy. With so much beautiful scenery, interactive displays and a variety of animals to see, Bombay Hook offers an unforgettable wilderness experience for all ages.
Plan Your Trip Today!
Settle into the wilderness by camping out at one of our secluded campgrounds. In addition to our outdoor nature activities, we also offer a wide range of other enjoyable attractions and highly anticipated events and festivals in Kent County, Delaware. With a warm and welcoming atmosphere, low-cost activities and lots of photo opportunities, Delaware's Quaint Villages is the vacation spot of the summer.
Results 1 - 3 of 3
Camping is a great way to experience the natural wonder and majesty of Delaware's forests. Take a hike and explore miles of wooded trails. Observe wildlife…
ESTABLISHED in 1997, we are a family owned campground with a twist. We not only offer year round camping, we also have a 10,000 sq ft Activity Hall for…
The wooded campground is a popular attraction at Killens Pond. This year-round facility boasts 59 sites which feature electric and water hookups,…