Looking for a mini-escape with your sweetie? Get ahead of Valentine’s Day planning or start dreaming of the perfect spring or summer getaway.
Day 1: Milford, Felton, and Dover
- Have lunch at one of Milford's restaurants
- Spend time shopping Milford Specialty Shops; suggested places: Blooming Boutique, Irish Rose, Milford Antiques & Friends
- Stroll along the Mispillion Riverwalk to see Art on the Riverwalk, featuring art from local artists.
- Dinner at Jerry Longo's or Sugar Factory in Bally's Dover Casino Resort
- Enjoy the casino at Bally's Dover Casino Resort
Day 2: Dover, Wyoming, Marydel
- Head to Spence’s Bazaar Amish Market for Breakfast and Shopping. Buy items to bring a picnic lunch to eat at Harvest Ridge Winery. (remember to bring cash!)
- Visit Simply Charming at the Mill in Wyoming
- Visit Fifer Orchard Country Store; buy additional items for picnic lunch
- Visit Byler; buy additional items for picnic lunch
- Take a drive through the Amish Countryside and head to Harvest Ridge Winery
Visit Harvest Ridge Winery for wine tasting and tour
Proceed to Historic Downtown Dover for site seeing and visit Biggs Museum of American Art
- Dinner at McGlynns Pub
Day 3: Checking Out
- Brunch at Just Breakfast.
Our second itinerary was created for Allie from Housewives in the City. Allie, a wedding planner and native Philadelphian, headed to Delaware’s Quaint Villages last spring with her boyfriend Daniel to scope out the most romantic spots Kent County has to offer! Highlights include the Bug and Bud Festival in Milford, strolling through Bowers Beach and taking in the charm of historic Downtown Dover. This is imagined as a weekend getaway (Friday through Sunday).
Day 1: Milford
- Arrive in the evening to check into the Hampton Inn Milford
Day 2: Milford, Frederica, Dover
- Kicking off the day with coffee and a pastry at Dolce Bakery
- Attend the Bug & Bud Festival that takes place each year on the last Saturday in April.
- Head to JP's Wharf for lunch (open seasonally, please call ahead for hours)
- Head to the John Dickinson Plantation
Day 3: Dover