Delaware's Quaint Villages: Fall Events and Activities
There's nothing quite as beautiful as fall in Kent County, Delaware, where fall festivals and events will keep you busy during your visit. We've compiled ideas to keep you busy and have fun when you come to Delaware's Quaint Villages.
Fall Fest Saturdays at Fifer's Farm Store and the Amish Country Bike Tour
Many of our fun fall activity ideas include destinations hosting special events. We love the Kent County, Delaware, fall festivals because they mix spectacular scenery with fun things to do for the whole family. Check out these memorable ideas:
- Fifer's Farm Store: The locally grown fall produce will have you ready for sweater weather and craving a crackling fire where you can enjoy apple and pumpkin treats.
- Amish Country Bike Tour: For more than three decades, this annual tour has wound its way through the Amish country in September. Don't miss the famous Amish pie stop!
- 18th Century Market Fair: This annual event is held during the first Saturday of each November and is a celebration of Dover's rich historical significance. Participate in living history demonstrations, arts & crafts and more. Visit the Market Fair's website to learn more.
- OKTDoverFest: This Downtown Dover event is held annually in September and includes a selection of craft beer and live entertainment. This community-centered event is fun for the whole family. Visit the festival's Facebook Page to learn more.
Fall means slowing down and enjoying the moment before the winter chills begin. You can spend a relaxing day exploring all the breweries and wineries in Kent County, Delaware. The great food you'll find along the way is an added bonus. Local breweries sell amazing house brews, and the unique flavors at the area's wineries will have you ready to buy case after case. Also, be sure to stop by one of the area's distilleries for craft spirits and a speakeasy atmosphere.
We recommend combining your winery, brewery or distillery tour with shopping or visiting nearby historical landmarks. You will love learning more about this part of the first state.
Catch the Beautiful Fall Foliage at Local Parks and Nature Centers
Kent County, Delaware, in the fall includes memorable scenery, with trees turning gorgeous colors and wildlife getting ready to hibernate. Spending a day hiking or exploring nature can reinvigorate you and infuse your vacation with the type of active outing you need to stay engaged. Plan your destinations based on what you want to see this time of year. By venturing to the right parks, you can find space and time to focus on your surroundings.
A few of our favorite spots include:
- Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge: This refuge includes more than 16,000 acres full of tidal streams, cordgrass meadows and swamps. It's an ideal place for amateur wildlife photographers.
- Killens State Park and Water Park: Rent paddleboats for some entertaining exercise or explore the nature trails at this state park. Paddleboard and kayak rentals are available from Memorial Day to Mid-October.
- Abbott's Mill Nature Center: Take a tour of a 200-year-old grist mill on the 3rd Saturday of each month and explore the family-friendly nature center located at Abbott's Pond. The area also features wild-life exhibits, nature trails and bird watching.
Start Planning Your Trip Today
Check out our list of fun fall activities in Kent County, Delaware, and plan your fall vacation today. Feel free to click on the links above to learn more and request a free visitor guide! Also, please visit our comprehensive events and activities calendar to view events taking place around Kent County, Delaware during every season of the year.