Immerse Yourself in Beautiful Green Spaces
Delaware’s Quaint Villages are a nature lover’s paradise, replete with state parks, wildlife refuges, geocaching trails and so much more. Discover the many outdoor areas of Kent County, from the local parks in Dover, to Smyrna’s Blackbird State Forest and Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge to the Mispillion Harbor Reserve and Killens Pond State Park, natural splendor can be found across each of Delaware’s Quaint Villages. And it’s all just waiting to be discovered.
Outdoor Recreational Opportunities
There are so many immersive outdoor activities to enjoy when you visit one of Kent County, Delaware's many state and local parks. Whether you're exploring outdoor areas with your family, friends or significant other, you can be sure to find an array of recreation pastimes that will leave you feeling refreshed, invigorated and in touch with nature. Walk one of our many wilderness trails, take the kids to the playground or play a competitive game of volleyball. Whatever the activity, you'll be sure to have a blast!
Consider implementing one of these many outdoor activities into your day when you experience parks and recreation:
- Outdoor sports
Each of our state and local parks comes with its own attributes and amenities, so you can narrow down your choices based on what types of activities you plan to enjoy during your stay in Delaware's Quaint Villages. Be sure to delve into our wide selection of Kent County, Delaware's parks and consider each of their offerings to find the park that's perfect for you:
- Big Oak County Park: Includes a playground, fitness station, softball field, a nature boardwalk, pavilion and more.
- Brecknock County Park: Features a butterfly garden, nature center, volleyball courts, horseshoe pits and more.
- Browns Branch County Park: Has baseball and soccer fields, picnicking, playgrounds, hiking trails, a wetland boardwalk and more.
- First State Heritage Park & Welcome Center: Offers free historic guided walking tours and seasonal lantern tours.
- Hunn Nature Park: Features wetlands, uplands, restored landfill meadows, sub-aqueous lands and wildlife.
- Killens Pond State Park & Water Park: Enjoy boating, hiking, a seasonal waterpark, fishing, camping, nature center, cycling and more.
- Lebanon Landing County Park: Includes a boat ramp, fishing pier and picnic tables for your enjoyment.
- Tidbury Creek County Park: Features a fishing pond, playground, dog-friendly areas, trails and a pavilion.
Explore Delaware's Quaint Villages at Your Own Pace
After you've enjoyed all of our parks and recreation opportunities be sure to check out our other exciting, family-friendly attractions and events. Whether you want to engage in a little retail therapy, gamble at the casino or learn about famed historical sites, Delaware's Quaint Villages has engaging activities to suit every interest.
Our wide selection of free and low-cost attractions includes:
- Historical sites and museums
- Nature and outdoor activities
- Events and festivals
- Local libations and restaurants
Discover Our Local Area Safely
Our Kent County parks offer a venue for outdoor fun and relaxation at a comfortable distance. We want your stay to be as fun and secure as possible without limiting your options. That's why we recommend visiting our outdoor areas, where you can enjoy a safe and stress-free day out while maintaining your personal space.
Plan Your Trip Today!
Discover our parks and outdoor in Kent County, Delaware for outdoor family fun. We also offer a wide range of other events and attractions such as our tax-free shopping boutiques, peaceful Amish countryside, bay beaches and so much more. When you vacation with us, you'll experience fun activities and a relaxing environment you won't forget.