There are endless possibilities for fishing when visiting Delaware’s Quaint Villages.
Vacation doesn’t get much better than casting and making a great catch while enjoying Delaware’s beautiful outdoor scenery. Explore Delaware's Quaint Villages' local ponds — like popular destination, Killens Pond — or boat around the Delaware Bay to find the best fishing spots in Delaware at your own pace. Kent County, Delaware has endless ways to get outdoors and fish.
To make sure your fishing excursion goes as smoothly as possible, remember to maintain an up-to-date fishing license in Delaware. In addition, recreational anglers must also purchase a Delaware-issued Fisherman Information Network (FIN) number, which automatically generates upon purchasing a fishing license. For more information about fishing in Delaware, visit the Delaware Division of Fish & Wildlife page.
Popular Fishing Spots
With so many beautiful and serene fishing spots in Delaware, you'll never have a shortage of locations to cast your line. No matter which of our popular sites you choose, you'll be sure to enjoy a day of relaxation and family fun while experiencing the best fishing in Kent County.
Pack up your tackle box and get comfortable at one of our tranquil aquatic sites:
- Blackbird State Forest: This vast stretch of scenic woodlands is great for catch and release fishing.
- Captain's Lady Charter: When you visit this charter fishing spot in Delaware Bay, the Captain's Lady crew will escort you to all of our top fishing locations.
- Delaware Aquatic Resources Education Center: This fully immersive center focuses on aquatic themes like fishing, wetlands, crabbing and more, with a variety of fishing venues and coastal ecosystems.
- Killens Pond State Park and Water Park: This beautiful pond is surrounded by nature, including hiking trails, forests and pine needle paths. You can even engage in fishing at this Delaware fishing site.
- Lebanon Landing County Park: This fishing spot is also a great place for picnicking, boating and recreation.
- Little Creek Boating and Fishing Access: With kayaks, a boat ramp and a docking site, Little Creek is one of the best places to go crabbing in Kent County.
- Silver Lake Park: This family-friendly fishing spot features grills, walking paths, playgrounds and more.
Inshore Fishing Opportunities
With so many fishing spots in Kent County, Delaware, you can expect to see a wide variety of colorful and lively fish in our waters. When you go inshore fishing in Kent County, you may come across one of these many species of fish:
- Black sea bass
Make sure your tackle box is equipped with a variety of bait and lures like clams, squid, sinkers and FishBites to increase your chances of catching a range of different fish.
Explore Delaware's Quaint Villages at Your Own Pace
Once the fishing day is over, be sure to explore Delaware's Quaint Villages and all of the exciting attractions we offer. Whether you want to continue your outdoor adventure with a woodland hike, visit the racetrack or take the party to the casino, Kent County has activities you can count on to keep you entertained all day long.
- Historical sites and museums
- Nature and outdoor activities
- Local Libations and Eateries
- Events and Festivals
Explore Delaware Safely
Angling, crabbing and kayak fishing in Kent County, Delaware are all great ways to engage in fun outdoor activities at a safe distance from other visitors. You can enjoy a day of fishing in solitude on the lake or around the pond for some interactive and stress-free fun.
Plan Your Trip Today!
Experience the best fishing in Kent County with our quaint fishing villages, featuring open outdoor spaces, beautiful scenery and plenty of inshore fish to catch.
After you're done fishing, be sure to explore Delaware's Quaint Villages for an immersive experience featuring shopping, dining, history and more. We only offer the best attractions and events for our valued visitors so that you can enjoy the fun and relaxing getaway you deserve.
Results 1 - 7 of 7
The northernmost state forest in Delaware, Blackbird totals more than 5,400 acres, and features a mix of oak, yellow-poplar, maple, gum, and hickory trees…
Captain's Lady Charters offers charter fishing in the Delaware Bay. Launching from North Bowers Beach, the professional crew of Captain's Lady can take you…
The Aquatic Resources Education (ARE) Center is operated by the Delaware Division of Fish and Wildlife, with a focus on wetlands, fishing, horseshoe crabs…
The Bike Trail follows the main access road and runs parallel to Killens Pond Road on an easy grade over a paved or crushed stone surface.The Pondside Trail…
Lebanon Landing Fishing, Boating Access and Recreation Area, administered by Kent County Levy Court for your use and enjoyment. This beautiful picnicking,…
This new access boat ramp includes kayak and dock for boats, plus an 80 foot aluminum fishing & crabbing pier. Plenty parking for vehicles and boat trailers.
Enjoy 182 acres of recreation fields, playgrounds, boat ramps, fishing access, grills, fitness course, walking paths and more in downtown Dover.