Small Town, Big Possibilities
Small town, big possibilities.
Known for its ecotourism and numerous water activities, Bowers Beach is a great spot for those who love water sports, fishing and indulging in fresh seafood. Delaware’s Quaint Villages are known for their small-town shops and museums.
Make your way through the Bowers Beach Maritime Museum, spend an afternoon kayaking through the bay or simply stroll along the beach for sea glass. No matter what activities you choose, you'll be sure to enjoy a fun and relaxing stay at Bowers Beach, Delaware. And with such close proximity to Dover, you can have twice the fun exploring nearby attractions.
Bowers Beach Outdoor Activities
When you experience the beauty of Bowers Beach, you'll never want to go back inside. Luckily, this Delaware Quaint Village has lots of enjoyable outdoor activities to last you the entire day. Whether you enjoy the tranquility of casting a line out on the water or the excitement of kayaking along the bay, Bowers Beach has all of the nature spots and activities to make your day in the sun a memorable one.
If you love the outdoors, you'll love these immersive outdoor activities:
- Shore Fishing
- Bird watching
- Nature photography
- Charter Fishing
Popular Areas and Parks Around Bowers Beach
If you're not sure what to do in Bowers Beach, you'll be happy to know that this destination has lots of unique and interesting attractions for you and your family to explore. You can learn about Delaware's native animals and brave watermen at the Bowers Beach Maritime Museum or swing by Dover to tour the Little Creek Wildlife Area. When you visit Bowers Beach, Delaware, you'll always have a fun way to spend your day.
Be sure to check out some of our most popular Bowers Beach attractions:
- Bowers Beach Maritime Museum: This nautical museum houses a wide range of artifacts, from animals to old fishing gear to photos detailing early life in Bowers Beach. When you visit Kent County, Delaware's well-loved maritime museum, you'll be fascinated to learn all about Delaware Bay's rich history and watermen. The museum is open on the weekends from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Delaware Bayshore Byway: The Bayshore Byway sits on the border of Delaware Bay and connects Bowers Beach to other Delaware Quaint Villages like Magnolia, Milford and Frederica. There are many exciting attractions you can visit along the byway, like beaches, historic sites, nature spots and river towns, so your experience will be as immersive as it is peaceful.
- Little Creek Wildlife Area: When you visit the bay beaches in Kent County, Delaware near Dover, you'll find yourself less than 20 minutes away from Dover's Little Creek Wildlife Area. This nature spot includes over 4,700 acres of land for public hunting and fishing access. If big game isn't your thing, you can always bird watch, hike or engage in wildlife photography.
Where to Stay
When you vacation in Delaware's Quaint Villages, you'll find lots of nearby Bowers Beach hotels to accommodate you. We make sure to provide visitors with the cleanest and most attractive lodging options so that you can enjoy a comfortable stay. Take a look at some of the many inns that are available for booking in nearby Dover:
- Dover Downs Hotel & Casino
- State Street Inn Bed & Breakfast
- Home2 Suites
- Residence Inn Dover
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Book Your Bowers Beach Trip Today!
Bowers Beach is the perfect location for family fun by the water. With beautiful outdoor sites and activities, an esteemed local museum and lots of nearby attractions, you'll love every minute of your stay. At Delaware's Quaint Villages, you can find the vacation destination hidden away in some of the most charming towns in Delaware.